Re: [NTLK] Newt 2100 OS version

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 10:05:57 EST

Thomas Dean wrote:
> I had to wipe my 2100 clean for some reason. Now, I cannot get my
> bluetooth working. I'm thinking i went back a step on the OS because I
> cannot freeze applications. What version do I need? How can I determine
> my current version? Where can I download the latest?

Has nothing to do with the OS version per say, but there are lots of little
extensions that enable functionality in the OS that you're probably now missing.

Freezing has to be enabled by flipping a bit in the System Soup somewhere. I
wrote a little utility a long time ago to enable and disable freezing - there
are others that do the same:

http://www.chuma.org/code/newton/freezeit/index.shtml

There's an entire page on WikiWikiNewt dedicated to how people setup their
Newtons from scratch:

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/CoolSetups

For example, here's the page that I started about my former setup:

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/VictorSetup

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org