Re: [NTLK] [OT] Carl Sagan Vindication

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 15:29:05 EST

~~~ On 2007/01/03 18:24, Goodwin, Greg P. at GoodwinG@aafes.com wrote ~~~

> And there is a chance that they would stop in, visit with us, but go away
> logging in their records "In a long exhaustive search of the universe we still
> show no signs of intelligent life."
>
> Face it, if beings came and visited us, it would be like us visiting a caveman
> on their world. Would *WE* really note them as intelligent? I think we would
> be curious, but in the end we would still feel alone in the universe.

There's a theory which states that if intelligent life ever came here,
they'd quarrantine our solar system, surrounding it with warning beacons
broadcasting strict warnings that it contains a planet dominated by a
species that tries to solve its problems by killing things.

Another theory states that this has happened already.