Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection for Mac OS X

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 19:56:22 EST

~~~ On 2006/12/27 17:30, Simon Bell at simonbell@mac.com wrote ~~~

> A big �thank you� to all of you who have sent messages of support.
>
> As you can imagine, I have been flooded with reports of problems with
> Newton Connection. Some of them need individual attention, but I
> thought it might be useful to address some of the issues in this forum.
>
> <snip>

Simon,

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but are there any patterns (other
than the normal user learning-related problems) connecting those people who
can make NCX work effortlessly and those who are finding problems? I'm
thinking for example of whether there are variations in the behaviour of NCX
between OS X 10.3.x and 10.4.x, or perhaps even within the versions of 10.3
and 10.4. Or perhaps, whether it would be best to ensure that Classic is
shut down, either before installing or before using NCX, or both.

Obviously you've identified certain key things that NCX needs done by the
installer, but I wondered if there are any other things inherent in the OSes
that also affect success.

Anyway, this sounds like a fantastic product and I look forward to my own
attempts to use it when my Newton is fully repaired again.

Shalom.
Christian

“Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.”
            -- in appreciation of Arthur C. Clarke

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/