Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Wes <wes.frazier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 08:15:31 EST

The iPhone has tremendous potential to be a revolution in mobile
computing, but a few things give me pause.

No announcement of 3rd party apps or software SDK
No mention of inkwell even though it runs "OS X"
No mention of games even though the iPod has has downloadable games.

Without these things, it will be murdered as a PDA or Mini computer.
And with Job's so hellbent on keeping third party's away from
software development on the iPod I can imagine him easily keeping the
iPhone closed to them as-well. Also the fact that one must buy into
Cingular to get this device is more than a nuisance, especially for
people who would like to use this more as a PDA than a cellphone and
not bother with expensive cellular data plans.

Offer model without GSM+EDGE
Give 3rd party's a SDK
Replace flash-storage with micro hard drive if it's cheaper.
Get the price point nearer Palm's LifeDrive

Then I might bite.