Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 17:05:35 EST

I'ld add to this list:
  OLED screen instead of ancient LCD technology
  easily user replacable battery
  I don't see any USB or Firewire connections on the thing...I hope it offers both bluetooth data and audio.
  seamless integration for non mac users (ie outlook, office integration)
  much, much lower pricepoint.
  I can trade in my Blackberry and get a treoM for $150 with a 1 year agreement...That I can justify...$600? No way!
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
  Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton: http://newton.tek-ed.com

Wes <wes.frazier@gmail.com> wrote:
  <snip>
Offer model without GSM+EDGE
Give 3rd party's a SDK
Replace flash-storage with micro hard drive if it's cheaper.
Get the price point nearer Palm's LifeDrive

Then I might bite.

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....
....when they turn out to be pretty neat.
In this case I was trying for Engadget.com, and instead wound up at www.edgadget.com which appears to have lots of Newton software.
 - ProfessorF from the UK pcpro/macuser forum