Re: [NTLK] OT: OSX 10.4 CD install problem

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 11:24:30 EST

On 11/01/2007, at 3:14 AM, James Grubic wrote:
> There's a possibility that the CD drive on the G4 is defective.
>
> Try connecting the G4 to the iMac via a FireWire cable, then boot
> the G4
> up in Target mode by pressing T at startup. The G4's drive should
> mount
> as a volume on the iMac. Then try installing the OS onto that drive
> from
> the iMac's CD. If it fails, then you can bet there is a significant OS
> corruption or hard drive error on the G4...put in a new HD, install
> the
> OS, then copy over data from the old drive.
Nah, drive's fine. Standard DVD-ROM that came with the machine. Just
gave it a service last weekend. There are three hard drives in the
G4. I installed osx on another, ran Drive Genius and found the fault,
got out my Disk Warrior 3 CD and repaired and then defragged with
Drive Genius again.

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard