Re: [NTLK] big difference

From: Riccardo Mori <rick_at_poc.it>
Date: Sat Jan 13 2007 - 01:35:40 EST

quoth Roman Pixell:

> theres nothing to expand, nothing to modify.
> you cant even install 3rd party software

It's too early to say this with absolute certainty. We're talking
about a device which, according to the small print on Apple's site,
still "has not been authorized as required by the rules of the
Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not
be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization
is obtained."

I think I'll wait till the iPhone is out to see what's actually
doable, expandable, modifiable. I think that customisation will be a
key feature instead, but mine is just another dart thrown at the
"Guesses" target :)

Cheers
Rick