Re: [NTLK] [OT] CD Cube eject how

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jan 14 2007 - 13:27:38 EST

On 1/14/07, simon <simski@dds.nl> wrote:

> On 14-jan-07, at 4:02, John wrote:
> > I know the secret switch button thing and did it before, but now I
> > forget. And I don't remember if it was an electrical, or mechanical,
> > or
> > a physical connection.
keep your mouse button pressed during boot or use a paperclip wire to
press the electrical switch in the side of the cd opening. i don't know
what side it was, but i think it was the left side.

Hi Simon,

I think you should be able to determine this by first getting the
orientation of the TOP of the CD.
I will presume that with the CUBE face you that the CD TOP will most likely
be facing the user.
You get the general idea here...

Since I only have an iMac DV+ to go by it has the CD TOP facing up.
And being a Slot Loading DVD ROM Drive the actuator is on the right side of
the slot.
I'd venture to guess that it's about 3/4" from the edge though I'm not 100%
sure.
I used this to eject the Disc that was stuck in the drive when I got it
fine.

HTH

--
God bless,