Re: [NTLK] NCX: problems connecting via Ethernet

From: SF Trotter <trotter_at_nwinfo.net>
Date: Sun Jan 21 2007 - 11:18:30 EST

I use Windows XP. I don't particularly like it, but there I am. I've got
Mac OS 7.5 running on Basilisk, a Mac emulator, and can sort of sync and
install via Ethernet and serial.
I'm with James in his hope that serial speeds might get faster: even for
those of us NOT using OSX on a Mac.
I'm wishing someone would find the time to get the Newton communicating
consistently and moderately elegantly (XP seems to work against
elegance... :-P ) with the Windows platform. I couldn't program my way
out of a wet paper bag. It ain't gonna be me!
I know I'm an odd duck, but I use and love my Newtons. I'm stuck with
Windows. I'd like a way to get the two to play well together, with fast
and consistent connections. Syncing would be an added bonus.
Meanwhile I look on with a twinge of jealousy as you enjoy Simon's work.
If someone gets serial speeds working faster, or finds a way to let the
speeds go up on a fast Windows box without having to use Slowdown or its
equivalent, I would be MOST grateful.
ST