Re: [NTLK] MP2100 Pen has a flat spot

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 11:04:14 EDT

replacing the tip is tough to do...I know several have tried (in a pinch, I used a plastic fork prong shoved into the metal barrel of the pen where the missing tip was)
  To keep my pen running smooth, I will burnish it on some cheap paper.
  If you do decide to do more, I would use the finest grit or even an emory board to shape the tip. Be sure to burnish it afterwards to make sure that there is no trapped grit that can scratch your display.
  I remember some time ago, someone posted a magnified picture of a stylus tip that showed some frightening things embedded into the plastic...
  Seeing that made me be very conscious about my stylus tip health!
  Ed
  Web/gadget guru
  Download Newton PKGs directly into your Newton from my website http://newton.tek-ed.com
Martin Portman <martin.portman@googlemail.com> wrote:
  My newly acquired pen's tip has a flat spot. Looks a bit like a
section through
a cone. Sometimes when I write the flat spot is in contact with the glass, and
this doesn't help the digitiser.

Can I replace the tip? Or reshape it? Or should I replace the pen.

It's the original pen.

Thanks,
Martin.

"The rule in Silicon Valley is that if Apple leaves the table smiling, the other guy got screwed,"
   - Rob Enderle, independant analyst on the Apple/Cisco iPhone lawsuit

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.