Re: [NTLK] "Paper-based computing"? Or just overlooking the obvious (Newton)?

From: jg <atcnn2_at_yahoo.se>
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 05:33:38 EDT

Jobs/Gates interview

This interview is too much operetta and to little every-day reality.
They lost 50% of time on jokes and good atmosphere.

What I miss in Jobs/Gates interview is:

1/ Presence of OpenSouce Technologies
2/ Discussion about role of Linux
3. Fiasco of system 9 and Vista and necessity of implementing Unix in
systems
4. Everyday problem for everyone: spam, hackers. What they want to do
about it?
5. Handwriring recognition? Voice recognition?
6. Environmental issues?
7. Costs of computers?
8. Bugs in the software? What about it?
9. Transatlantic societies are getting older. They do nothing.

And so on.

It looks like we will get a lot of gadgets (Jobs) and to little of
improvements in desktop computers or laptops. How long we will carry
3kg laptop getting hot like 500W heater. We use computers for emails,
internet, writing and counting: like Apple II. Everyone would
appreciate 1kg 14 inch laptop. Simple system and simple computer.
Jobs could do it before. Why make system more complicated.

Boys wake up!

John