Re: [NTLK] Keyboard

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jun 29 2007 - 11:35:22 EDT

The only time the keyboard will not work with a Newton is if you have the Newton running in accellerated mode. If you have an accellerated Newton, you need to drop down to the original speed to talk to a Keyboard, or modify the keyboard to be accellerated also...I seem to remember Stef Mac had a "how to" on her site on this. (her site is worth the read regardless)
  I used a keyboard with my 120 and for years it was my primary email device using a wireless Ardis modem, then later using DTS on that funky PC card wireless model with the gold antenna (can't remember what it was called....) When I switched to a 2000 (later upgraded to a 2100 by Apple for $100!) the repeated unplugging and plugging in of the huge dongle brick caused the serial port to fail..Now, I refuse to use the serial port unless I have a dongle-killer installed.
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:
  On 6/28/07, Thomas Brand (T2) wrote:
> A Newton with a keyboard how ironic!

Less ironic than a Treo with a Foleo! ;-)

As to keyboard drivers. My first keyboard (which I still have) I used
with a 120 2.0, and it's worked with every Newton I've owned since.
Keep working on it. It will come. And it's very much worth it! There
are times when you have just too much to write too fast. :-) I used
mine for email mostly, which made a _big_ difference!

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Got a little couch potato?