Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Jan Thomas <pnetops_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 15:30:11 EST

--- knowtree@aloha.com wrote:

snipped in various places, sorry.

> That's what I do. My main calendar is on my Newton.
> I have my Outlook
> calendar at work, which generates not even one entry
> a week, and a calendar
> on a collaboration portal also at work, and which
> also generates very low
> traffic. It takes less time to do the entries by
> hand than to deal with the
> headache of syncing.

Yes, I know. My calendar is like that sometimes, but
then there will be 1 day where 10 events suddenly come
up. I don't want to spend all my time hand entering
these, I have tooooo many GTD/Mac/Atari related sites
to read :-)

> Think abougt it. If my wife says we are having
> dinner with the Jone's next

I know them. Nice couple.

> The stumbling block for me has always been the act
> of writing things down.

Right.

> Remembering to look at what I wrote is a problem,
> too. Success at both is
> more likely when the tool is cool, and nothing comes

Right.

> close to a Newton for
> functionality, ease of use, and outright coolness.

Even though I haven't seen one in many years, I'm in
total agreement! :-)

> The iPhone looks like it
> will be cool, too, but is too sorely lacking in
> utility to replace my Newton.

YES. ARRGH. The iPhone for me is the biggest
disappointment of 2007. It could be SOOOOO capable as
a phone, PDA, iPod... it could of blown all the
Palm/Windows/Blackberry devices out of the water. But.
I won't go into the details, I figure that all you
Newton users already know the details, and the reasons
why...

Jan.