Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 12:02:42 EST

On 3/8/2007 9:24 AM, Rene Raggl wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Thanks a lot. And once upon a time... Softprint worked just fine for
> me, but with the printer we currently have, it does not work anymore.
> I use the print command on the Newton just as usual and I can see
> that the PC printer interface is busy, but then... nothing happens.
> The print order seem to go to the data Nirwana... I contacted the
> author of Softprint and did not hear from him in 2 months.
>
> Rene

Hmm, well since he released Softprintpack as freeware I don't believe he
supports it and I think his website does (or did) state this. You might
want to check the settings in Softprintpack. It sounds like the data is
going to the wrong port. I would also suggest uninstalling and
reinstalling Softprintpack. Perhaps there is a corruption issue making
it unable to see the printer. My understanding of the software is that
it simply captures the data from your Newt and forwards it to the
printer driver like any other windows application. So if the printer
works in windows, it should work. Another possibility is to check your
printer driver settings and if it is not on RAW set it to such. That
may fix the issue.

Also if you pull up your printer spooler (double click on the printer in
printers under settings) it may tell you what the problem is.

-Dan