Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Larry Zasitko <l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 11:44:52 EST

On Mar 9, 2007, at 7:23 AM, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

> "From: Scott Rogers
>
> Basically, they're modern technology. The Newton, cool as it is (and
> I'm seriously considering taking ONLY my Newt to London for a research
> trip this summer), is much larger, heavier, clunkier, older, kludgier,
> than any modern PDA."
>
> ------------------
>
> Newton is not a "pocket" anything. Newton is half the size of laptop.
> Newton is more viewable than a pocket something, half as useful as a
> laptop.
>
> It's like taking a book sized device in a bag for many functions.
>
> Is it a maxi-PDA, or a mini-laptop?
I put off getting a full size portable for a couple years because I
bought a 2100

> It is Newton.
and don't forget the wow factor :) Every time I pull it out in public
I still get
comments, what is it, where can I get one etc. Most did not know that
it was
around and all love the screen size even if it is only black and white.

Larry