[NTLK] Newton 2010 Issue/Avi Drissman's Fix - was We dodged the DST bullet, now on to the year 2010 issue . . .

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 10:16:49 EDT

On 3/11/07, Christopher Laspa, Creative Director & Principal - 999 Art
Direction <999ad@pathcom.com> wrote:

> I suppose the next challenge is the year 2010 issue. I personally,
> still use my MessagePad 2000 everyday, and conceivably, will still be
> using it in the next 3 years (and beyond). Regrettably, nothing
> current on the market does what this Newton does for me.
>
> So -- I hunted out Avi Drissman's 'fix' (ca.1998), and have
> thoroughly read the conclusions and encouraging observations by Jon
> Glass (and others).

Hi Christopher,

I've been hearing about this for the longest and last week while trying to
place a event/meeting for my wife for 2012 my Newton which has the latest
Patch from Apple went berserk! :( it continually gave me an error and would
not let me get to anything because it just kept looping with the same error.
I eventually got to the event itself and deleted it to resolve the issue...
Ah, I'm going to have to get the fix installed soon to see if it will
resolve this issue.

I'll report back when I get this done but expect it to fix it for now...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung