[NTLK] [ANN] Flashpoint 0.2 - Getting Things Done with the Newton

From: Eckhart Köppen <eck1003_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 15:08:46 EDT

Hi,

in good tradition, here's another half finished app from me, called
Flashpoint :) This time, it's a tool to "Get Things Done," and you
can find out more here:

http://40hz.org/wiki/index.php/Flashpoint

It can be downloaded from here, this link is also on the 40Hz web page:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=88078&package_id=219503

GTD is nowdadays quite well known, but the Wikipedia page is probably
a good start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done

Flashpoint deviates from the traditional GTD approach by using nested
projects and priorties. I found a flat list of projects too
overwhelming, and was creating either many equally possible next
actions, or losing focus and rearranging actions and projects too
often. The basic idea in Flashpoint is to break down projects into
subprojects, which can be active at the same time, and stop breaking
things down only when subprojects look manageable.

There are some important things missing from Flashpoint, e.g. support
for contexts, and many smaller usability improvements, also I have to
warn you as usual that it might not be as stable as desired - data
loss might occur, so keep backups and don't rely on it alone to plan
the next manned mission to moon ;)

Eckhart