Re: [NTLK] XP Outlook sync utility

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 16:26:04 EDT

On 3/11/2007 2:11 PM, Matt Howe wrote:
*snip*

> Now that I've told you probably a lot more than you wanted to know I'll end
> this. But not before I give plug for some great software vendors, Thorsten
> Lange and Iambic. Try their stuff, it is great.
>
> Matt "Ducky" Howe

Actually I found it very interesting. I always like to hear how someone
is using their Newt. I often find out ways to adapt their methods to
improve my own. Regarding Time Reporter, yes it is the best such
software I have found on any platform. The desktop transfer utility I
sent you should export the file to a CSV as you need, but even better
that Ladle is already doing that reliably.

I didn't know that AN compatibility was one of the features of Address
Access Pro. I have used AA some but never got into it. I will have to
give it another try, perhaps the Pro version and see if it works for me.
 One of the great features of the Newt is you can customize it to fit
your needs, rather than the other way around approach that most designs
seem to take anymore.

I agree that AN is great, I just wish the conversion part worked
better/more reliably. Perhaps someone can write a better AN conversion
utility I am sure that I am not the only one that has ran into this
problem. Oh by the way, I do have the PDF manuals for Action Names as
well. If anyone wants them just send me a email off list and I will
send them along.

And if you like Iambic, something else to try is their PaperPak. It has
several different kinds of stationary (most in Notes but also in Calls
and Dates) and most of it works well with Action Names boosting its
flexibility even farther.