Re: [NTLK] Heaps of trouble

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 19:07:04 EDT

Many thanks for the suggestions on this.

Following this I've transferred all the files I don't use on a daily basis
to a flash card.
This includes: Bluetooth set up, Blunt, ICVC, Internet set up, Eudora Pro,
Neo, Newton Devices, Newton Internet, NHttpLib, NIE Modem and Serial, NIE
Nitro and Blunt, TL Lib V1.

Taking these out means I now have over 100k or heap! This is like so much
heap I don't know what to with it, not a single restart required all day!
(Those with MP2100s may find this pitiful or even humorous but we 2000ers
have to work it to the wire!)

Then if I want to send an email or use blootooth, I just have to put the
relevant cards in an off I go. (I do get an -48807 error message when I
first use them, but this doesn't reappear again after the first occasion).

So far this has worked but if there is a reason why this is a bad idea
please let me know. Otherwise I press on with other queries.

Cheers
Andy

This way, when I need it I just stick in the pico and the card and off I
go.

In terms of heap I've broken into the 100k mark which is brillinat.