Re: [NTLK] reply doesn't do what you think it does was: Re: NewtonWorld 'magazine'

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 09:05:59 EDT

Folks, folks, folks: you're both right. Entourage and Thunderbird behave
differently. I guess Entourage's Reply All button takes the From and
Reply-to headers, while Thunderbird will replace the From with the Reply-to.

This behaviour of the list is by design - it lets you see who sent the
message (the From header) while ensuring that replies stay on the list and
don't go to individuals (the Reply-to header). If you are bored and don't
believe me read RFC 2822 section 3.6.2 (Originator Fields).

Only very occasionally does it blow up in the way that this thread has.

So STOP sounding like c. 1995 AOL users here folks, and please stop replying
with "me, too!"

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org