Re: [NTLK] Stuff It......why I now hate it

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 08:23:44 EDT

From: matthiasm

Um, careful though! There is still the issue with the resource fork
which is lost if you compress with regular .zip tools! I have not
tested this with the OS X zip tools, which will probably preserve the
resource fork, but I would suggest that you *test* this in all
possible configurations *before* converting .sits into .zips. For
example, what happens if you try to install a .zip on a OS 8 machine?
(which is pretty common when using BasiliskII on an Intel Mac to run
Newton software).

On all other issues, I wholeheartedly agree! .sit is dead and gone
thanks to their "expander" policy.

----
There is the unpack utility that fixes that.  We just need to make sure
that is made available.
This is exciting!  I've hated the Newton archives being in stuffit
format for years.  :)
Doc Clu