Re: [NTLK] Stuff It......why I now hate it

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 15:38:52 EDT

Ok I thought there were tools that could recreate resource forks. I
didn't know that actual content regarding the file will stay in the
resource fork. I have not had a Mac so I thought resource forks were
just helping one track files and for searches etc and didn't contain
actual data that should be in the file.

I will mention that some .sit files have such forks others do not. I
don't see any issue in decompressing a .sit file and compressing it with
zip with all the same files so that these forks will be preserved. Or
will that damage them in someway?

-Dan

\