[NTLK] Un-deletable Package Lockup

From: Pete Glaze <pglaze_at_rcn.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 12:53:11 EDT

Hey all. I'm having a problem with a package that only partially
deleted and now locks up my MP 2100 whenever I reset.

Last week I tried out Bernie's Book Reader and after playing with it a
little I realized I was never going to use it, so I tried to delete it.
I thought I had succeeded and continued working, but the next time I
performed a reset the Newt locked up when starting up the packages from
my flash card. I reset again while making the flash card inactive and
discovered the Bernie's Book Reader was still there. In icon view it's
visible with an X over it but will not delete (I get an 10011 error
message); in list view it's a blank line which cannot be selected at
all.

I've tried deleting the pref and using various Soup editors (stewpot,
etc.) to go in and delete the package and I can't find anything to get
rid of, but it still locks up my newt whenever I boot with the flash
card inserted.

I'd like to backup and restore packages, but I've only got a mac
running OS X 10.3.9 without Classic. My MP2100 and my 4mb flash card
are both 2/3 full so I can't backup the newt to the card. There's some
software (Like Time Reporter) and drivers (Farallon ethernet and Avaya
wireless) that I'm afraid I won't be able to reinstall if I delete
them, since I no longer have the original software anywhere but on the
newton.

I feel like I'm stuck in a Catch 22 situation. Anybody have any
suggestions.

Thanks,

Peter Glaze