Re: [NTLK] Found this on engadget...

From: Alan Balas <gomphos_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 14:52:38 EDT

I, too, am an Apple user and prefer well-integrated solutions. If I were in
college again, I'd likely use my iBook. MS Office 2004's Word application
has a pretty neat notes view which also allows you to record things. I'd
record all of the lectures, burn them to a CD (or put them on an iPod) and
review them during finals week. I'd use a regular notebook for the
occasional sketch that would come up (although I might just get one of those
portable Wacom tablets). Then again, with the new Macs you could use a
Digi-Memo with Parallels & Windows and pull the docs over to the Mac side of
things.

The eMate might prove equally useful with its keyboard, but I can't say
because I've never used one.

Of course, the Newton MP gives you geek cred (geek in the good sense) and it
does make a great general purpose PDA. If I had to go someplace where I'd be
waiting in line for a while (for concert tickets, financial aid, etc.), I'd
definitely take that instead and maybe read a Newton Book. It's perfect for
reading outdoors, especially if you have a scenic campus (like Kent State).