Re: [NTLK] Found this on engadget...

From: Seb Payne <seb_at_sebpayne.com>
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 13:47:02 EDT

Now I am very interesing in this conversation. I bought my eMate (if
it ever arrives) and
possibly a MessagePad for note taking as a primary purpose. I've got
major A-level exams coming up and I've been trying different ways of
note taking and such without much success. I've tried making notes and
mindmaps with my MacBook Pro but it's very unnatural and difficult to
get things to flow the way I want to. Therefore, the Newton in its
role as a "tablet computer" seems perfect. I don't see it as a PDA
since it does too much and is too large to carry in a pocket. It's a
little computer I would carry in my backpack.

One of my teachers has that device for electronic paper. I was quite
impressed with it and the handwriting recognition is, `'sketchy" to
say the least. The thing is - I see myself as quite an "Apple person"
and like elegant solutions that work in a classy style. I like things
to intergrate well. The Digi Memo is anything but that - with paper,
pens, batteries, limited memory, a rubbishy website and software that
requires Windows. I am considering a new solution and so far, Newton
seems the best. Thoughts on this?

--
Seb Payne - seb@sebpayne.com
http://www.sebpayne.com