Re: [NTLK] MP130 WiFi

From: Roman Hultay <roman.hultay_at_infostore.ca>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 10:41:59 EDT

Thoma wrote:
> I know that everyone indicates the 130 can't do WiFi. Is there someone who
> might be able to fix this...or is it impossible? I think there are a few of
> us who would love to keep our 130's...my only real issue is the WiFi thing.
> My DSL provider refuses to allow modem access...so my Newton is nothing more
> than a glorified rolodex right now. I keep hoping I can begin using it like
> I want again (and don't like the form factor of the 2000/2100).
I don't know if this is worth it to some of you people, but I would like
to share something:

There is a utility called 'dspmodem' for UNIX, Linux, and Darwin.
It actually is a modem, but operates through your sound card and can be
paired with a VoIP Line via Asterisk.

Also, you can always hook up a real modem, and get the two modems
talking via a terminal app, and perhaps setting up a pppd server.

If anyone can think of uses for this, let me know, I can help.