Re: [NTLK] Question about Hypernewt

From: Don Zahniser <irntooth_at_eznet.net>
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 22:00:17 EDT

On May 14, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Andy Hill wrote:

> I am a total fan of Hypernewt and use it at work all the time. I
> find it
> excellent to be able retain a hyperlink of everthing related to a
> particular work project in one area. Its not memory intensive, easy to
> use and creating hyperlinks requires only one additional tap. (I had
> used MoreInfo and paid for the reg but found it a bit overkill in the
> end for my needs).
>
> I have one slight annoyance with HN though and wondered if there was a
> work around.
>
> Is there a way to create a New Note from within HN then delete it from
> being viewed but not delete it for real?

Here are a couple of ways:

1) In each project folder, put a sub-folder named 'Completed' or
'Inactive', or whatever works for you. When you no longer want to
'see' an item, move it into this folder. It will still be in the
project's hierarchy, so you won't 'lose' it, but it will be instantly
accessible if you need it.

2) If you are using HyperNewt to the exclusion of Notes, change the
folder structure in Notes to have just two folders: 'Active' and
'Archive' (or whatever makes sense). When you are working on your
projects in the Overview, set the folder of the lower pane to
'Active' as a default; when you want to hide something, move it to
the 'Archive' folder using the right-hand filing icon at the bottom
of the pane. You could also extend this folder structure to include
References and other categories, if desired.

HTH...

  - Don