[NTLK] Package installation fails

From: Christian Walther <cptsalek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 15:03:33 EDT

Hello list,

I'm currently in the process of setting up my 2000U again. After I
received my unit I decided to install on a 1GB CF-Card with 4 256MB
partitions. But the performance wasn't that good and after I read on
the list that smaller partitions are recommended I decided to use a
64MB card with 4 partitions.
Following some other advice in the same thread I installed all the
necessary applications and tools to internal memory.

My first partition on the CF card is labeled "Base" and is supposed to
contain all my important applications. I tried to install NewtWorks on
this partition, but I receive the following two error messages after
the package download to the newton is finished:

"Newton:
An error occured activating the package "NewtWorks". It my not work
with this system. Contact the software publisher for further
information. (Part 1, Type auto)"
"Newton... (Part 0, Type form)"

Strange thing is: My first target was the internal memory which didn't
give me any error message, but after I rebooted my Newton the package
activation failed.
The last package I tried to install to internal memory was
"Runtime:NSBASIC" (for nBlog), and it fails with the same error
message, too.
Obiously there is something wrong with my Newt, but I don't know what
it might be.

Maybe there is someone on this list who can?

List of installed Apps and extensions in internal memory.
- Internet Enabler including NewtDev and Wavelan-Driver
- Reboot!
- IC/VC
- Hilite 2000
- MoreInfo
- Heaven and Hell
- Blunt
- Neo
- ZLIb
- NHttpLib
- Nitro
- NTox
- MoreFolders
- Scroll Menus 3.0
- EspyEnabler
- WideCardFile
- XML-RPC

I used these apps and extensions before. I didn't blank my Newton
before I did the reinstall, I just started by moving all data from the
card to internal memory.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Christian