Re: [NTLK] Spreadsheet transfer

From: Giulio Marchi <emfdb_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2007 - 17:51:53 EDT

Il giorno 10/ott/07, alle 20:30, Robert P. Bruckstein ha scritto:
> have installed the QF exchange in my computer (with office 98). I can
> send spreadsheets to the Newton but when I try to send from the
> Newton to the computer I get the following error message:
> "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module: Receive".
> The Mac is a Powerbook G3 bronze keyboard (the last one without
> Firewire) running Mac OS 9.2. I connect to the Newton via serial port
> with the Keyspan serial to USB adaptor).

I am not sure about the cause but: is this connection working for some
other transfer apart from the other "direction" of QF? i.e. is this the
only problematic one?

...did you try a simple reset of the Newton? Yes, I had to ask and I am
shooting in the dark but at least this should remove the most simple
hypothesis.

Alternatively (read: brutally) there are other ways that I never
experimented in order to move a spreadsheet as tab limited text and
eventually import it in something like a spreadsheet application. A
search in the archive will produce a better description.

By the way, recently there was an update in the drivers for the Keyspan
adapters. You could give this a try.

Regards,

Giulio