Re: [NTLK] courier browser

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Oct 12 2007 - 12:17:55 EDT

Yes, any communication card in the Newton will drain the batteries faster.
It seems to me that communications cards are power hungry. I have a modem,
which draws the least, a wifi card, which draws more and an Ethernet card
that believe it or not, draws more than my wifi card. Typically wifi cards
should draw the most because they contain active radio transmitters. But
from my experience, with my cards, draw from least to most, modem, wifi and
Ethernet.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org:8080/ (Newton server)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/ (desktop)

Oliver Leaman wrote:
<snip>
Does using wireless on the Newton drain the batteries very quickly?
<snip>