Re: [NTLK] Exporting from Notes application

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Fri Oct 19 2007 - 02:49:00 EDT

On Oct 18, 2007, at 4:06 AM, Seb Payne wrote:

> <snip>However, I was wondering - what is the best
> way to print off notes, while maintaining all the diagrams, notes and
> such because using NCX, the RTFs remove the diagrams.
Printing directly from Newton of course! I agree with John's printer
recommendations, but would like to add that the LPR driver that Paul
Guyot and Eckhart Koppen developed is pretty slick if you have an OSX
box (or Linux) to act as a print spooler for it. Basically this
setup can turn WHATEVER printer is hooked to your OSX machine into a
postscript capable printer that supports your Newton.

> The eMate is helping me make friends in fact. People see me carrying
> this odd device and ask what it is. Even the lecturer in Foundations
> of Computer Science asked what it was and was fascinated to see! I
> need to find my serial cable first but getting notes off is quite
> important to have a hard copy. Also - do the WiFi drivers work with
> WPA or only WEP?
Currently WEP only, but it is recently open sourced, so that might
change *unlikely*

Marty