Re: [NTLK] To all of you NTK coders

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Oct 19 2007 - 02:14:05 EDT

On 10/18/07, Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu@mac.com> wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2007, at 2:39 PM, Brian Parker wrote:
>
> > AppSymbol is the app name and developer string together, like |
> > myApp:mySig|
> >
> > NTK automatically sets up the kAppSymbol constant for your own app,
> > but I don't know how to figure out the symbol for other apps. The
> > ones for Apple apps are likely something like |Dates:Apple| or |
> > Dates:Newton| but that is just a guess. One way would be to set the
> > Dates as backdrop app, then use GetUserConfig('blessedApp)
>
> I'm not a Newton developer yet, but I'd assume some hints as to how
> to obtain the AppSymbol of other apps programatically could be
> gleamed from the source for Adam Tow's HyperNewt <http://www.tow.com/
> software/newton.shtml> or its HyperLink Manager Modules.

If you don't need to get this info programatically, I believe the
Package Info part of StandAlone FreezeUtil gives this information. You
select the package you want the info in (after installing FreezeUtil),
choose "Package Info" from the Envelope menu. It should be the first
item on the list. If you just need this info to help you program, this
should work.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland