Re: [NTLK] Exact Measurement of Newton 2000 Screen

From: Steve Scotten <splicer_at_paroxysm.com>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 06:23:36 EDT

On Apr 30, 2008, at 2:39 AM, John Coady wrote:

>> Yup. That's been the standard size for a tubafore since I was a kid
>
> You are just too young to remember (know) that they really used to
> be 2" x 4".

I most certainly am too young to remember. Being only thirty-eight
years old, I'm a good two decades younger than the youngest "real" 2"
x 4" toobahfores.

I'm not too young to *know* that once upon a time they really used to
be 2" x 4". The lumber industry started "downsizing" the 2 by 4 right
after WWII ended.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's hardly news. The 1.5" x 3.5" has
been the standard for almost fifty years and the 1.75" x 3.75" for
over a decade before that. At this point in the game, no one should be
alarmed by this discovery. If they are alarmed, like Matthias was,
they should be assured that it's all right. The sky is not falling,
the sky fell a long time ago.

That's all I intended.

Steve