Re: [NTLK] Newbie question: Newton Museum DVD = Unna DVD?

From: Kostas Theofilis <roufianos_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 23:20:11 EDT

i think Woody answered that.
He said "many are demos or shareware." Many means a good percentage of
the DVD. Not ALL of them.

Generally, Newton software these days falls under the following
categories:

1) Software that was distributed as freeware from the start. It still
is freeware.
2) Software that was distributed as shareware/commercial but the
developer has decided to give it for free now.
3) Software that was distributed commercially and still continues to
be commercial , and the developer has a webpage where you can buy the
software.
4) Software that was distributed commercially and still continues to
be commercial , but the developer DOES NOT have a webpage where you
can buy the software. These titles are effectively unusable.

The Newton DVD has a mixture of all four categories. Most of them are
in categories 1, 3 and 4.

But if bandwidth is a problem for you, my advice would be to just
search for what you need through UNNA and through this list.

Kostas