[NTLK] Q: Anyone use a Keyspan USA 28XG w/ NCX & OSX (10.4.x or 10.5.x)?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 22:10:20 EST

[NTLK] Q: Anyone use a Keyspan USA 28XG w/ NCX & OSX (10.4.x or 10.5.x)?
Hey fellow newton users.
I've got a buddy trying to hook up two Macs with OSX (one with 10.4.x & the
other with 10.5.x)
He is trying to connect with a Keyspan USA-28XG Serial Adapter with NCX.
At this time he's having issue connection still.
Anyone have a clue if this particular Keyspan USA 28XG will work
personally???
I have a USA-28X and it works fine. Others have indicated the USA-28 works
well too.

I basically installed this on a PowerMac MDD, iMac DV+ and PowerMac QS in
the following order.
(All are running a flavor of OSX, 10.4.11, 10.2.8 and 10.4.11 or
10.3.9respectively.

I installed the OSX Drivers off the Keyspan website.
Then installed NCX from Simon's site (hope this is correct)
And then connected the Mac Serial Cable to one of the ports, connected the
Newton InterConnect and then plugged it into the Newton.
Usually this will start the Newton, I goto Dock and the tap on connect. This
works everytime...

For my budy Scott however it doesn't - But hte only difference is that he is
using a Keyspan USA-28XG.
Can anyone verify that this particular model will work???

Of course my Newtons have a SER-001 so I can also connect directly to them
without the NIC Dongle.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung