[NTLK] restoring Newtonworks

From: Oliver Leaman <oliverleaman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 24 2008 - 12:13:35 EST

Thanks for the various suggestions, I tried to follow them but had no luck. In the end I wiped the 2100 with a hard reset and then tried to reinstall Works, and it worked fine, so there must have been something there that interfered with the extension. I have to admit being frightened in the past to do a hard reset given the worries about whether it would ever come back to life again, but it certainly readily did. One suggestion I read was to carry out such a hard reset regularly, since it is good for the machine. Is that true? Something about dealing with the heap problem, whatever that is. Now I have done it once I would be happy to do it again, if it is advisable.

Oliver