Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Nokia buys Troltech

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 14:55:12 EST

On 28.01.2008, at 20:23, Martin Joseph wrote:

>> Hard
>> to say how this will all play out--shame it won't help our beloved
>> Newton. :-( (Wonder if we will still be able to run Einstein on the
>> next gen tablet?)
> Yes it might. If Nokia really adopts a Linux everywhere strategy as
> you suggest, in particular with a standard graphical layer, this could
> really help Einstein.

Einstein needs only a very minimal interface to the underlying GUI
because Newton OS manages all graphics IO in software (and via a
minimal driver). So, yes, I am sure that Einstein will run on any
machine that has a pen and puts the requied amount of pixels on a
screen.

Speed is an entirely different issue... .

----
http://robowerk.com/