Re: [NTLK] Newton and Nokia n800 help needed.

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 10:40:22 EDT

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Bruce Durocher II <bedii@qwest.net> wrote:
> Can you tell me what you mean by "rendered txt files?" Will
> I have tabs and carriage returns, or will it be one giant hunk of text?
>
> Since you don't mention transferring any HTML files from one device
> to the other successfully I gather that raw HTML transfers end up too
> damaged to work with, which is unfortunate--I'd hoped to use
> Newt'sCape to convert HTML books I'd downloaded on the n800 and
> transferred to the Newton into Newton Book format so that I could
> read them on a larger screen...

I'm only guessing what he meant, but from my own experience, any
straight text file (including html) should do fine. By "raw" he means
no rich text formatted files, or rtf files, which is a format that
Microsoft created, and is the way that NCU exports formatted text. I
don't think that you can send rich text files via BT, is all he meant.
I'm betting however, that if you sent raw html files, you would be ok,
as they are just ascii text. 'Twould be interesting to see how this
works, however. I haven't yet decided on whether or not to get myself
an N800 (the mini notebooks have been very tempting of
late--specifically the MSI Wind)....

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland