Re: [NTLK] Alignment--call for programmers (was: Jaggies? 7-2008)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 03:01:20 EDT

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 2:14 AM, Kostas Theofilis <roufianos@mac.com> wrote:

> On the subject of a new tool for alignment. My initial thought is that
> programmatically is not that easy to find out the offset in the
> alignment across the screen. And that trial and error is faster than a
> making from scratch a new alignment tool. I will look up the relevant
> section of reference guide tomorrow.

Actually, it is quite doable. There is a tool for the PalmOS that has
you tap something like 30 times in 30 different parts of the screen.
When it's done, you have a well-aligned screen. Also, it saves those
settings, and you can restore them. It also has three different levels
(IIRC) for various degrees of screen problems. The 30 point one is, I
think, the middle one. So, theoretically, this is doable.... somebody
just has to know what they are doing and write it--I think. ;-)

BTW, sorry for being redundant in my alignment post (see my previous
email). But you guys changed threads on me! ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland