Re: [NTLK] Freeloader with the Newt?

From: Scott Hoffman <hoffo_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 00:09:21 EDT

Greetings list,
      I have a Freeloader - it's slow to charge a decent capacity
rechargeable NiMH "AA" cell (the "AA" adapter only holds two
cells)... The "AA" adapter has its own built-in USB plug so you can
simply plug it directly into a computer to charge it up - much faster
than using the Freeloader.
     If you use the solar panels, it can take upwards of 8-10 hours
to fully charge the Freeloader battery. Good news is you can also
plug it into USB to charge it within a couple of hours.

     I'm having an issue with mine not wanting to charge my iPhone -
have had it for a few months now... think it might be the cable.

     Oh, and you can't order directly from "solartechnology" - you
can, however, get everything you'd want from eBay UK.

      Best of luck.
      Scott