Re: [NTLK] Using NewtonMail software for modern electronic mail (seriously!)

From: Olaf Bohlen <olafbohlen_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 20 2008 - 15:41:09 EDT

2008/7/20 RedJazz <redjazz_slo@yahoo.com>:
> So, you're trying to tell me that today Newtons are just as useful in communication as is a man who cannot speak.
> And I was just getting excited how the Newton might really assist me in my life. And now, my life is ruined since I'll have to walk around Internet Cafés when I'm not home. How disappointing.

Yes, it is disappointing, but I see no real chances to get those
services back on the Newton.
Don't forget the year 2010 problem - yes, there is a fix, but that is
not well tested...

I for myself search for an alternative - a replacement is not on the market.

> Goodbye the 10 dollars (plus shipping) that I paid for my Newton Modem, since I can only use it now for faxing (which I don't do much anyway).

Yes, That's what I thought when the Newton WLAN drivers got public and
I realized that NetHopper has no support for recent WebSites and
LunaSuite is too slow, e-mail does not work for me without crypto,
etc.

Frustrating, sometimes.

--
Olaf Bohlen