Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth on eMate Cant See

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 17:19:00 EDT

> I have a 4mb eMate. I got my hands on a Sphinx Pico Bluetooth card.
>
> In this order, I installed
>
> Blunt-0.7.7.sit (eMate Blunt PKG)
> Neo-0.9.4.sit
> Nitro-1.1.sit
>
> Using Eckhardt's "Bluetooth Setup" app, I configured it to use my Pico card,
> and clicked [test], it tested fine. However, the eMate had only discovered
> my Bluetooth-enabled Vista PC, which is about 2' away. It did not discover
> the other 8 devices in the office.
>
> The Vista PC can see/discover the other 8 devices in the office, but cannot
> see the eMate.
>
> What did I mess up here? I know I'm not the first to try this out....

What types of devices are they? That might make a difference. Headset, Cell
phone, Printer, MP3 player, Mouse, Etc. I don't know much about bluetooth
.. if something is already paired will it show up in a scan for available
devices? Might depend on the device?

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
Open Slate Project
    http://openslate.net/
73 BMW E9 (3.0 CS) 2213583 (rust repair research project)
    http://e9erust.blogspot.com/