Re: [NTLK] OT - PowerBook OS Level to be a Newt Accessory?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 17:50:20 EDT

You are right about the Newt. And It looks like you can run 7.6.
I had one came with 8.6 that was patched to see the Wavelan card as an
airport card. I think you will lose some performance with os 9 but If
you are using it to support the Newt then this shouldn't be a
problem. As I recall all the newton software worked just fine with os9.
There may have been some of the control panels that could be
downgraded with the install of Newton Press.
Before I passed mine on it was used primarily as an NCU server.

Woody