Re: [NTLK] Cant Find Mac Serial Cable

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 16:38:10 EDT

On Jun 9, 2008, at 1:53 PM, Steve wrote:

> Somebody sell me one, please?
> I need to connect my 2100 and eMate to my PB3400, and I can't find
> my cable.

The cable to connect the emate to the 3400 is a plain old imagewriter
cable, or what apple used to call the peripheral 8 cable. This is
very common, and available in most second hand/junk shops (ie
goodwill,value village,deseret industries).

The MP 2100 needs an additional "dongle" that goes from the regular
mini DIN 8 of the cable to the SPECIAL Newton internet connector.

I am in seattle and probably can dig up an imagewriter cable for you
if need be, but I only have one dongle and I am keeping it.

HTH,
Marty