Re: [NTLK] Personal Word List

From: Matthew Reidsma <mr_at_reidsrow.com>
Date: Fri Jun 27 2008 - 18:56:01 EDT

On Jun 27, 2008, at 6:43 PM, knowtree@aloha.com wrote:

> What makes you say it is not functioning? On my MP2100 I too have
> "Add new
> words to Personal Word List" checked, but I don't see that it makes
> any
> difference. I add troublsome words by hand. It would be easier if
> it worked
> the way it did on my 110, but then it always asked and I had to
> select Yes
> or No, which would slow me down.

If it is working you'll get a star at the top of the screen when
you've entered enough new words for review (maybe 20? 25?) It will
ask you to review them and decide if you want to add them to your new
word list. If you use ATA support or another app that keeps the star
at the top all the time, you might not notice when the Newton wants
you to review your word list. Click on the star and see if the
"Review Word List" option is there or not.

If it is checked, it should be working, but it won't add the words
right away, only after a review. I don't know if there is a way to
manually force a review.

One of my favorite features!

-M. Reidsma
Boston, MA USA