Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V8 #100

From: John Broughton <jdbroughton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 13:25:36 EST

Thanks to all for the input and recommendations. Both
eMates are in their new homes with 4 meg flash cards
and I suspect that both are in heavy use. One home has
an old PPC Mac and the Newton connects to it just fine
over serial. The other has a PC and that was a slight
problem but is now working as well.

I kept my original eMate from 1997. It's been used by
one person to finish their doctorate and another the
first two years of college before that person moved on
to a Powerbook 12". Now the eMate sits on a shelf with
my N2K and still in use 2100. Also on the bookshelf is
a PB-100, PB-180c, PB-540c, 2300c, 1400cs/166,
Lombard, Pismo, original pre production 68k Mac, and a
SE30. All still work perfectly.