Re: [NTLK] Developing for Newton under OS X?

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 05:12:10 EST

On 04.03.2008, at 11:12, Stuart Mingay wrote:

> Well, that's pretty painless. Got Basilisk II up and running with all
> the Newton dev tools etc. One problem is that I can't get it to
> recognise my Keyspan serial adapter: it says it's in use. I've tried
> specifying /dev/cu.USA19Hb1P1.1 and /dev/tty.USA19Hb1P1.1 but neither
> work. Any ideas on this one? The OS X port says "untested" regarding
> serial connections.

I am talking to the author of the OS X port of Basilisk right now. He
never got a serial adapter to run.

He's currently helping me to compile BasiliskII for Leopard, so that
we can fix the issues with the serial adapter.

Oh, btw, using the "Classic" drivers is definetley wrong. Basilisk
expects access to the serial connector via the Unix drivers, just like
you tried.

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/