Re: [NTLK] [Poutine] Poutine and wines (Was Re: Test message. Are we still here?)

From: Peter Fraser <pjfraser_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 12:14:42 EDT

is the recipe available??!!

back a few years ago, i actually took my whole family on a pilgrimage
to Montreal to sample the legendary poutine. we used online reviews
to get ourselves to a place that reputedly served one of the best in
town. i was wearing my newtontalk t-shirt that day, of course.

it was awesome, and they've never forgotten it. we've tried to
duplicate it at home here in California since then, but although the
cheese curds can be reasonably duplicated, the gravy hasn't been as
easy.

lest you think us completely crazy, we did have another reason beyond
poutine to visit Montreal - we also took in an Expos game that day.
or perhaps that makes us crazier?

but i'd love that recipe, if she'll let you pass it along!

-- peter
pjfraser@mac.com