Re: [NTLK] Inkwell and cursive HWR in OS X

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <marcus.hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed May 07 2008 - 16:20:10 EDT

Am 07.05.2008 um 21:59 schrieb Larry Yaeger:

> (sadly, there *still* aren't any really good ones--can't believe
> they didn't enable Inkwell on the iPhone, grumble, grumble--I'd have
> probably stayed at Apple if they had said they wanted to do that)

Hear that, Apple?

Recently I've really started to become concerned about my aging Newton
hardware. I mean, everything's fine so far, and I can connect to
my iMac alright through NCX via serial (switched from XP three
months ago) - but sooner or later my Newts will be gone. Will Einstein
be ready then fo day to day use? Though I greatly admire all the work
put into that project, I must admit to doubts. Trouble is, I'm so much
used to the Newton workflow by now I will be hard pressed to
find a viable alternative. Thinking back to my Palm days gives me
shivers. Well, there's so many different reasons for Apple
not to cough up a Newton 2.0. But still they should. With Vista
sucking so much they might be even able to buy that tablet HWR
from Microsoft and port it to the new Newt.

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html
http://jpgmag.com/people/MH2