Re: [NTLK] Inkwell and cursive HWR in OS X

From: Larry Yaeger <lsynt_at_beanblossom.in.us>
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 03:52:38 EDT

At 9:19 AM +0200 5/8/08, Simon Stapleton wrote:
>I would also like to thank you (and, by extension, all the others who were involved) profusely for the work the whole Newton team carried out... that is something you can and should be inordinately proud of... it's not just the HWR, but the seamlessness of the whole...

Thanks, Simon. And I think everyone who worked on the Newton is indeed proud of what they accomplished. And you're definitely right about it being the whole package, not just the HWR. Heck, I've long thought that if they'd released the original Newton 100 *without* HWR, just focusing on soft keyboard input, it would have been a much greater success. Then they could have introduced HWR in 2.0, when it was finally actually working. But until I get this time machine perfected, there's not much that can be done about it now. :)

Best wishes to all Newtonites!

- larryy